No pet owner wants to hear their beloved pet is sick. Yet, when illness does happen, it's essential to get the pet the proper treatment. Pet diagnostics and imaging at All Care Animal Clinic in West Palm Beach, Fl, comes to the rescue. Our animal hospital is equipped with the latest pet diagnostic and imaging technology. We use these tools to quickly and accurately diagnose illnesses, so we can provide the best possible treatment plan for your pet's wellness.
What Is Pet Diagnostic Imaging?
Pet diagnostic imaging uses technology, like X-rays, ultrasounds, and MRIs, to create images of your pet's internal organs and systems. These images help our veterinarians diagnose different illnesses and injuries. In some cases, pet diagnostic imaging can even detect problems before they cause symptoms and improve your pet's wellness.
How Does Pet Diagnostics & Imaging work?
Pet diagnostic imaging uses unique cameras and machines to create images of your pet's insides. The photos are then displayed on a monitor for our veterinarians to examine. The most common pet diagnostic imaging tests are:
X-rays are a type of pet diagnostic imaging that uses low radiation levels to create images of your pet's bones and organs. X-rays are painless and only take a few minutes to complete.
Ultrasound pet diagnostic imaging uses sound waves to create images of your pet's internal organs. Ultrasound is painless and only takes a few minutes to complete.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) pet diagnostic imaging uses strong magnetic fields and radio waves to create images of your pet's internal organs. MRI pet diagnostic imaging is painless, but can take up to an hour to complete.
What Conditions Can Pet Diagnostics & Imaging Detect?
Pet diagnostic imaging can help detect different conditions, including:
- Bone Fractures: When your pet has an accident or is injured, pet diagnostic imaging can be used to detect bone fractures.
- Cancer: Cancer is one of the most common conditions pet diagnostic imaging finds. Pet diagnostic imaging can be used to find tumors and help plan treatment options.
- Heart Disease: Heart disease is a leading cause of death in dogs and cats. Pet diagnostic imaging can detect heart conditions like heartworm disease, congenital heart defects, and cardiomyopathy.
- Kidney Disease: Kidney disease is a common condition in dogs and cats. Pet diagnostic imaging can detect kidney problems like renal failure, polycystic kidney disease, and kidney stones.
- Liver Disease: Liver disease is a common condition in dogs and cats. Pet diagnostic imaging can detect liver problems like hepatitis, cirrhosis, and cancer.
Call Us to Schedule an Appointment with Our Experienced Veterinarian
Pet care is our priority at All Care Animal Clinic in West Palm Beach, Fl. If you think your pet may need pet diagnostic imaging, please call our animal hospital at (561) 688-1154 to schedule an appointment with our experienced veterinarian. We will work with you to ensure your furry friend receives the best possible pet care.